Friday, March 21, 2008

The Jericho Project: What The Hell is it?!

Jericho- Our Approach
By: JerichoProject.org

During the Days of Respect at my school we had some people come and talk on various topics. The one that stuck out in my head was the one about The Jericho Project. For two reasons: my mom and dad being both. During the whole presentation I kept thinking:
"Hey this is a load of s***! I will never turn out like my parents cause I will be a success in my own way!"
Then one speaker said that a child that has parents that abuse drugs and/or alcohol is 60% MORE likely to abuse in his/her life than someone with parents that didn't abuse. then I was like:
" F***! I am at risk because of that little shithead of a father that spent my childhood in and out of rehab!"
with that in mind i actually paid a lot closer attention to what was coming gout of their mouths. Then I realized:
"What are the chances that my three brothers will abuse?"
I came to the realization that it varied from person to person and that I have to be as much of, or as little of, an influence in this category! I think that's why a lot of the people in the 80's and 90's abused because nobody in their family htat they looked up to resisted the temptation in abusing!
If you know someone that you think may be at risk of abusing follow this link! You may be able to help!

No comments:

Contributors